Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you're discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product;
- When you interact with Mavoni, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Mavoni products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue;
- We also collect information for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service;
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them; and
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Mavoni's products.
Publicly displayed information is public
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on a Mavoni website you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Mavoni is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, Mavoni will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
When we disclose your information
Mavoni takes your privacy very seriously. Mavoni does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Within the Mavoni Group
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners
There are also times when it may be advantageous for Mavoni to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Mavoni has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Mavoni to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Mavoni's policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection. Without such information being made available, it would be difficult for you to purchase products, have products delivered to you, receive customer service, provide us feedback to improve our products and services, or access certain services, offers, and content on the Mavoni website.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
How we protect your personal information
Mavoni takes precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
Integrity of your personal information
Mavoni has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. Naturally, you always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by checking at www.nonyana.com/contact/myinfo. And you can request a copy of your personal information, your product registration history, and your interactions with our sales and support agents by contacting us at the email address below.
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2006-2011 Mavoni Technologies (Pty) Ltd. All rights reserved.
Mavoni Technologies (Pty) Ltd, The Business Centre, 8 Gemsbok Lane, cnr 12th Avenue, Rivonia, Johannesburg, 2128, RSA.
Updated by The Mavoni Legal Team on Sept. 15, 2011